A variety of sample holders are available for the SDCOM, enabling you to process smaller, larger, or irregular samples easily.
Quick and precise crystal orientation measurement has never been so accessible – meet the SDCOM, your user-friendly compact XRD. The azimuthal scan method unlocks ultra-fast measurement, with results returned in under five seconds.
SDCOM delivers the highest level of precision of up to 0.01o, and with a wide variety of sample holders and transfer fixtures including a marking option for lateral crystal direction, this easy-to-use compact is the ideal solution for many applications within wafer processing and research.
Features and Benefits
Ultra-fast and precise: azimuthal scan method
The azimuthal scan method requires only one measuring circle to gather all the necessary data to fully determine the orientation, which delivers high precision at a very low measuring time – in the range of a few seconds.
The sample is rotated 360o, with the X-ray source and detector positioned to achieve a certain number of reflections per turn. These reflections enable the orientation of the crystal lattice to be measured in relation to the rotation axis with high precision in a short period of time.
Compact and versatile
SDCOM is lightweight and compact, making it easily movable and able to fit easily into your process – whether in research or industry. The XRD Suite software is both powerful and intuitive, making it convenient and easy to operate for a range of users.
Flexibility is key to the SDCOM, which is especially clear in the range of materials it can measure. The SDCOM can measure crystals starting from 1 mm in size, and examples of measurable materials include:
- Cubic, arbitrary unknown orientation: Si, Ge, GaAs, GaP, InP
- Cubic, special orientation: Ag, Au, Ni, Pt, GaSb, InAs, InSb, AlSb, ZnTe, CdTe, SiC3C, PbS, PbTe, SnTe, MgO, LiF, MgAl2O4, SrTiO3, LaTiO3
- Tetragonal: MgF2, TiO2, SrLaAlO4
- Hexagonal and trigonal: SiC 2H, 4H, 6H, 15R, GaN, ZnO, LiNbO3, SiO2 (quartz), Al2O3 (sapphire), GaPO4, La3Ga5SiO14
- Orthorhombic: Mg2SiO4, NdGaO3
There is also a variety of sample holders and transfer fixtures that can further expand the possibilities of your SDCOM’s applications, ensuring compatibility with your workflow. Manual and motorized wafer mapping stages are also available.
SDCOM delivers excellent precision of up to 0.01o depending on the sample, and is able to measure crystals ranging from 1 mm and upwards in size. This precision is maintained at the highest speeds thanks to the azimuthal scan method, which provides full characterization of crystal orientation within a single measuring rotation. There is also an option to include a lateral crystal direction marking function.
Thanks to manual handling and intuitive software design, the SDCOM is easy to use and accessible for a range of user types – practical in both research and industry, where user experience levels may vary.
SDCOM’s X-ray tube is air-cooled, eliminating the need for water cooling. Thanks to the SDCOM’s efficiency and small footprint, its energy consumption is kept to a minimum – and so are your running costs.
- Marking and measuring in-plane directions
- SDCOM delivers ultra-fast, highly precise crystal orientation measurements ideal for a range of applications in wafer production and processing, including the marking and measuring of in-plane directions. Lightweight and portable, it can be deployed wherever you need it in your process.
- Able to measure small crystals down to 1 mm with high precision and a wide range of materials, SDCOM is well-placed to support the complex and changing needs of the semiconductor industry.
- Production quality control
- Routine process control demands speed, precision, and repeatability – and SDCOM delivers. Its ultra-fast measurement speed will give your productivity a boost without making a big impact on your running costs, thanks to its desktop format and air-cooled X-ray tube.
- Materials research
- Able to measure a versatile range of crystal types within a small laboratory footprint, SDCOM is ideal for standard research workflows. Running costs are kept low by minimized energy consumption and an air-cooled X-ray tube with no need for water cooling.
- SDCOM is also accessible and easy to operate with manual handling, making it a practical solution for research laboratories with many different users.
|30 W air-cooled X-ray tube, Cu anode
|Scintillation counter technology
|Precise turntable, setting accuracy 0.01°, customized sample holders and transfer fixtures
|Down to 2 mm ø, up to 200 mm
|≤ 30° C
|Windows 10 or latest, . NET Framework update, 2 Ethernet ports
|100 to 230 V, single phase, 500 W
|600 mm (L) x 600 mm (B) x 840 mm (H)
|ca, 100 kg
|Manufactured under ISO 9001 guidelines, CE conform
|All technical parameters are subject to changes based on R&D
- Phone and remote support
- Preventive maintenance and checkups
- Flexible Customer Care Agreements
- Performance certificates
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Local and global support
- Turnkey solutions for elemental and structural semiconductor metrology
- Automation and consultancy
- Training and education