Measure a wider range of sample sizes in different process stages with additional sample stages designed to accommodate crystals smaller or larger than average.
The Omega/Theta XRD is your reliable future-proof partner for determining crystal orientation in the changeable semiconductor landscape. Market-leading precision, blazing fast measurement speed, and high-end build quality are combined with the power of automation – making sure your processes are ready for anything. Offering unparalleled efficiency and precision for crystal orientation and alignment, the Omega/Theta XRD is ideally suited to both production and research applications.
Features and Benefits
Ultra-fast precision with proprietary scan technology
Our method requires only one measuring circle to gather all the necessary data to fully determine the orientation, which delivers high precision at a very low measuring time – in the range of a few seconds.
Easy interfacing for advanced connectivity & automated measurements
All measurements on the Omega/Theta XRD are automated and are managed from within the user-friendly XRD software. The instrument can be easily integrated into existing processes in production environments using its various MES, SECS/GEM and similar interfaces.
Characterize a range of materials
Omega/Theta XRD can be used to characterize all single crystalline materials. Commonly used materials are:
Convenient, flexible sample handling
Our wide range of accessories enhance the productivity of the Omega/Theta XRD in a wide range of applications from seed boring to grinding, to slicing all the way to wafer geometry end control – keeping you flexible even if those needs change over time. Add-ons include:
- Automatic X-Y mapping stage to map crystal orientation or surface distortions on a user-defined grid
- Stacking stage to align ingots before sawing
- Rocking curve tool for quality measurement
- Additional sample rotation axis
- Photographic camera and image processing
- Laser scanner for sample shape measurement
- Sample adjustment equipment
- There are many more custom engineering solutions!
- The Omega/Theta XRD was designed for manufacturers. It’s ideal for the ultra-fast orientation and alignment of various crystal types in production, for marking in-plane directions, or checking the orientation of flats or notches. It is also ideal for production quality control, thanks to its high throughput speeds and automation capabilities.
- Optional extras, such as a stacking stage for aligning ingots before sawing and a rocking curve tool for quality measurements, make the Omega/Theta XRD a versatile partner for production applications.
- Materials research
- The high precision and flexibility of the Omega/Theta XRD means it is ideal for materials research, as it can accommodate a range of samples up to 30 kg and 450 mm in length, with additional stages available for larger or more complex samples.
- It’s able to characterize a wide range of materials, making it highly valuable for your R&D processes – and the flexible Theta Scan opens up a world of measurement possibilities.
|Standard X-ray tube, Cu anode
|Scintillation counter (single or double)
|Precise turntable, mounting plate and tools for sample adjustment
|Heavy duty mapping stage available
|Flow – 4l/min, max. pressure 8 bar, T ≤ 30°C
|Windows 7 or latest, .NET Framework update
|H 1950 mm × D 820 mm × W 1200 mm
|ca, 650 kg
|208-240 V, 16 A single phase, 50-60 Hz
|Manufactured under ISO 9001 guidelines, CE conform
Easily handle your various types of samples with dedicated sample adjustment tools.
Easily map crystal orientation or surface distortions onto a user-defined grid using an additional X-Y positioning stage above the turntable. The mapping stage enables comprehensive exploration of the entire sample surface via a customizable surface scan.
Precisely align ingots before sawing and enhance tool utilisation. The efficient stacking stage aligns ingots during the Azimuthal-scan, before transferring the complete stack over to the wire saw. This parallel sawing method is highly efficient.
Rapid and accurate quality control measurements for production processes. The rocking curve, indicative of lattice quality, can be assessed rapidly pointwise or in conjunction with a mapping tool for a quality map. The optic is automated for easy on/off toggling.
Flat and notch detection is made easier thanks to a high-quality photographic camera and extra image processing capabilities.
An optional laser scanner enables the measurement of precise sample shape, giving you deeper insight into your materials.
- Phone and remote support
- Preventive maintenance and checkups
- Flexible Customer Care Agreements
- Performance certificates
- Hardware and software upgrades
- Local and global support
- Turnkey solutions for elemental and structural semiconductor metrology
- Automation and consultancy
- Training and education