Delivering the data you need for outcomes you can trust
From pharma to food, manufacturing to environmental monitoring, organizations the world over trust the Mastersizer 3000 laser diffraction particle size analyzer for fast, accurate and reliable analysis. The instrument’s ease of use and versatility means they’re valued for both scientific research and manufacturing quality control.
Why choose the Mastersizer 3000?
The Mastersizer range has been trusted by scientists for generations. And the Mastersizer 3000 range has been developed with a deep understanding of real-world use, resulting in the most advanced and user-friendly particle analyzer in the world. What makes the Mastersizer 3000 special is:
- Measures a large sample size range
Incredibly versatile, the 3000 accurately measures particles from 10nm up to 3.5mm
- Switches easily between wet and dry dispersions
The ergonomic, easy-to-use accessories make it easy to load liquids and powders, switch between the two, and prep and clean quickly
- Data how you want it, with customizable reporting
Flexible reporting means you get your data how you need it and can integrate them simply and seamlessly into your workflows
- Intuitive software with ‘built-in expertise’
The easy-to-use software also monitors your data quality, flagging potential issues (such as insufficient sample quantity, or if the instrument needs cleaning)
- Compact. Well designed. Easy to use
The 3000 is no ‘big beige box’. It’s been ergonomically designed to be as space-saving as possible and simple to load, use, clean and service
Understanding your Mastersizer 3000
Particles are too small to measure directly – but by firing a laser beam at a sample and measuring the intensity of the light that gets ‘scattered’, we can accurately calculate a particle’s size. The Mastersizer 3000 is the world’s fastest, most accurate and most reliable instrument for doing this.
There are three key components: the optical bench that houses the laser and detectors; the sample dispersion units where you load samples for analysis; and the user-friendly software that helps you run, report and interpret your data.
- Optical bench and laser
This is the heart of the Mastersizer, housing the laser and detectors which measure particles from 10nm to 3.5mm. It uses both red and blue light sources, and captures measurements across a wide range of angles
- Sample dispersion units
The dispersion units deliver samples consistently and in the correct concentration. There are six wet dispersion units to handle the widest possible range of sample volumes and dispersants, and a dry dispersant system that handles rapid powder dispersion, even for fragile materials
- Intuitive software with ‘built-in expertise’
the user interface makes using the Mastersizer fast and simple, without the need for extensive training. It guides you through every stage, integrates seamlessly with your workflows, and quality checks your measurements, flagging potential quality control issues (such as insufficient sample size or need for cleaning)
What customers use the Mastersizer 3000 for
The Mastersizer 3000 lets users find the particle size ‘sweet spot’ for a vast array of processes – helping them create substances that behave more predictably, more safely and to a higher quality. Mastersizers are frequently used for:
- Creating smooth-flowing powders
Many manufacturing processes need powders to flow smoothly. ¬¬(Too small and flow is unpredictable; too large and the density of final products can be affected). It’s important for processes such as ‘additive’ manufacturing (like 3D-printing), and controlling the quality of sintered products
- Packing powders to the right density
The way particles pack together depends on both their size, and the mix of differently-sized particles. Getting the balance right means denser packing. It’s essential for mould-based manufacturing (eg ceramic and metal components) as well as for processes such as powder coating
- Mixing stable dispersions
Getting the particle sizes ‘just right’ in dispersions is the difference between creating a stable dispersion with evenly distributed particles, or one with agglomerates (that’s the difference between an even powder coating or smooth-flowing paint, or dispersions with lumps in)
- Dissolving substances predictably
Particle size directly affects the speed at which a substance dissolves. (Smaller is faster; larger is slower). This is particularly critical in the pharmaceutical industry, where this affects the release rate of the active components of a drug
- Controlling how particles are inhaled
Particle size affects how easy it is for people to inhale substances. In both medicine and industry there are strict guidelines for particle sizes – broadly speaking, so that drugs are quickly and easily inhaled, and harmful substances (such as cleaning products and hairsprays) are not
- Deciding chemical reaction times
Particle size determines volume-to-surface-area ratios, which affects chemical reaction times. Controlling reaction times is important in manufacturing processes such as the hardening of cement, and in producing effective catalysts (such as cleaning pollutants from medicines)
- Manipulating how light reacts with substances
The particle sizes in pigments, paints and coatings affects how the final products scatter light. So by controlling the particle size, manufacturers can control how bright, strong or glossy something looks
- Improving the quality of food and drink
The particle sizes in food and drink can have a dramatic effect on how they smell, taste and feel: the particle size of ground coffee affects is strength and brew time; smaller particles in chocolate make it feel silker and better quality
- Suspensions, emulsions, dry powders
- Laser light scattering
- Mie and Fraunhofer scattering
- 10 kHz
- <10 sec
- 尺寸 （宽, 长, 高）：:
- 690mm x 300mm x 450mm
- 30 kg
- Max. 4mW He-Ne, 632.8nm
- Max. 10mW LED, 470nm
- Reverse Fourier (convergent beam)
- Log-spaced array
- 0.015 - 144 degrees
- 0.01 - 3500 µm *
- 100 (user adjustable)
- Better than 0.6% **
- 精确度 / 可重复性:
- Better than 0.5% variation *
- Better than 1% variation *
- 21 CFR 第 11 部分:
- Enables an operating mode that assists with ER/ES compliance
- Class 1, IEC60825-1:2007 and CFR Chapter I: Sub-chapterJ: Part 1040 (CDRH)
- RoHS and WEEE compliant CE / FCC compliant Meets requirements of the European Low Voltage directive
- 100/240 v, 50/60 Hz 50W (no dispersion units connected) 200W maximum (2 dispersion units connected)
- 80% maximum for temperatures up to 31°C, decreasing linearly to 50% at 40°C. Non condensing.
- +5°C to +40°C
- -20°C to +50°C
- （IP） 等级:
- Sample and sample preparation dependent.
- Accuracy defined for the measurement of monomodal latex standards. This specification accounts for the manufacturer’s uncertainty in the latex size. Sample and sample preparation dependant.
- The Mastersizer 3000 optical bench is protected by patents; US6,778,271 and related filings; GB2,340,932; together with patents based on applications WO2013038161, WO2013038160 and WO2013038159. Hydro MV and LV protected by EP1167946A2 and related filings.
Sample dispersion accessories for the Mastersizer 3000
Wet sample dispersion accessories
A window into deeper materials analysis
The Hydro Insight is a dynamic imaging accessory that sits alongside the Mastersizer 3000, providing insights that go beyond particle size distribution to particle images and quantitative particle shape data.
In this way, it helps scientists, researchers, and quality-control managers understand their materials better, develop methods faster, and simplify troubleshooting.
Dry sample dispersion accessories
马尔文帕纳科服务选项 - 选择适合您的计划：
|年度 PM/PV 测试|
Get your new Mastersizer 3000 up and running faster when you choose to self-install.
With comprehensive resources to help you quickly and safely set-up and verify the performance of your new instrument, there’s no need to wait for an engineer to do it for you. What’s more, self-install presents a new training opportunity as you receive full access to exclusive training material.
How does it work?
When you follow the step-by-step video instructions, you could be up and running within 90 minutes of delivery of your new Mastersizer 3000.
You don't need any specific skills or knowledge to perform a self-installation. Simply follow the instructions provided.
Everything needed to get started is provided with your new instrument – all you need is an internet connection to access the online training.
Exclusive e-learning content
Resources to get you up and running quickly and with confidence include:
- detailed video guides walk you through installation and set-up;
- 15-months access to the Essentials e-learning course, which is provided at no extra cost;
- a comprehensive user manual.